News & Tips
Helpful Coaching Materials
5 Quotes To Help Define Self-Love
January 24, 2021
1. “Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself”
2. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through the process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.”
3. “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.”
4. “Above all be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in, take yourself out.”
5. “Stop underestimating yourself.”
Dealing With Stress In A Relationship
January 27, 2021
The ability to deal with stress effectively builds character in a relationship by testing its strength. If you want a healthy relationship despite the hardships, you'll have to do the work.
Isolate the source of stress-
If the source of the stress is within the relationship, choose your words carefully and talk about it, listen to your partner and maintain open lines of communication.
If the stress is due to your partner's dealing with a difficult situation, sympathize and show your unconditional support.
If the source of the stress is outside your relationship (work, family, financial issues) don't let stress pour into your relationship. Learn how to address the situation immediately by creating a solution. This way, your emotions won’t project onto your partner.
Express the importance of the relationship-
Make it clear to your partner that the relationship is still more important than the source of the stress or the fact that you’re stressed at all. Assure your partner that you are committed to the relationship no matter how difficult the situation may be. Acknowledge that your own and your partner's well-being will remain priority.
You’re a team, deal with stress together. No egos, just work together to find a solution. The question is not “What can I do?” but “What can we do?”